Developing business customer relationships
Aviva’s commercial strategy was entering a new phase and fresh insight was needed into existing and prospective customers to guide sales growth in the business-to-business marketplace.
As well helping to better understand customer needs and preferences, Quadrangle was asked to provide supporting evidence to bring stakeholders on board with the new strategy.
Aviva’s target audience was broadly defined, ranging from micro-SMEs to major corporates. We therefore combined several approaches to paint a full picture and socialise insights:
- Needs-based segmentation of existing and prospective SME customers, integrating survey and behavioural data
- Rulesets for mapping the segmentation to Aviva’s database and for targeting
- ‘Open Dialogue’ sessions with larger corporate clients
- Qualitative work to develop SME-specific concepts
- Films, personas and workshops to socialise and embed the segmentation
We helped Aviva refresh and deepen its understanding of customers and target audiences and share this new knowledge within the company. Our work fed into several commercial workstreams, acting as a springboard for new initiatives.
We helped Aviva
- Deliver a U&A study-based approach to understanding audiences
- Develop a B2B market segmentation
- Guide proposition development
What was involved
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Advanced analytics
- Co-creation workshops
- Stakeholder engagement
Specialisms that helped
- Engaging executive client stakeholders
- Understanding the impact of digital
- Combining behavioural data with research data